Monday, July 20, 2009

EMMY NOMINATED SYTYCD CHOREOGRAPHERS SHARE THEIR SWEET MEMORIES




What could be more exciting for a choreographer than an Emmy nomination? The answer might be an Emmy trophy!

Four of six Emmy nominations in the choreograph category have been awarded to SYTYCD choreographers. And they truly are excited. When they all got together after the big news, there was a lot of hugging and exchanging of congratulations!

SYTYCD nominees are Tabitha D’umo and Napoleon D’umo for Bleeding Love; Mia Michaels for Mercy; Tyce Diorio for Adam and Eve and Dmitry Chaplin for A Los Amigos.

The moment that the news was delivered and the circumstances of the special dance routines will likely remain memories for these choreographers forever.

Chapin recalled that one of the show’s executive producers telephoned him at 7 a.m. to congratulate him – but when the call came, he could not imagine why that person would call so early in the morning. “Why is he calling me? I was sleeping,” he recounted to tvguidemagazine. "But he kept calling and finally I picked it up and he said, “You’ve been Emmy nominated.” Chapin said that he asked, “Who’s Emmy?” It was, after all, very early in the morning!

Tyce Diorio thoughts traveled to the way his choreographed Adam & Eve routine impacted one of the dancers. “I had this girl, Jessica King, who wasn’t a favorite on the show," he recalled for tvguide. "(She) was very unblanced with her partner, Will, because he was so much stronger. So when I got her, I took her aside and I said, ‘You’re going to do this.’ … She ended up blossoming beautifully, and here we are.”

And Mia Michael’s recalled that “Mercy” actually presented a new side of her. "I remember that it made me so happy because I’m always about doing relationship pieces, drama pieces,” she recalled in speaking to to tvguide. “This was a joke about a male and female psyche, a parody. I remember Twitch, Katie and I laughed more than anything else. It was so enjoyable to create.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
gnimxsafbq