Monday, September 14, 2009

NIGEL LYTHGOE WANTS TO SEE PAULA GUEST JUDGING ON SYTYCD


Idol creator Simon Fuller, associated with both American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, “started sniffing around and asked, ‘Are you interested?’ explained Paula Abdul's replacement on Idol, comedian and talk show host Ellen DeGeneres. "I said, ‘Yes, of course. I love that show and I’d love to do it,’”

So You Think You Can Dance executive producer Nigel Lythgoe is happy enough with the outcome because he hopes to have Abdul make appearances as a guest judge on his dance competition show. And he told EW, "I'd prefer Paula. "I think it is a great idea to put her on."

And now that DeGeneres is taking Abdul's seat on the American Idol judging panel, Abdul is free to make other plans for her career.

Some fans have expressed that Abdul on SYTYCD makes a lot of sense because of her dancing and choreography background -- but that they cannot understand why Idol would choose a judge from outside the music industry.

"I would really love to see Paula on So You Think You Can Dance," opined Melissa Parker from Los Angeles. "But I really don't know whether I will like American Idol with Ellen as a judge. She's fine on her talk show, but I think that is her strength."

Lythgoe thinks that DeGeneres will do well on Idol. “What it does is give the public, who are the people who decide in the end who is crowned the victor, a voice on the judges panel," Lythgoe told EW. "And they have never had that before."

In an interview with People, DeGeneres explained that it was her guest judging on an episode of So You Think You Can Dance that drew the attention of Idol judges to her.

DeGeneres said that on American Idol, she intends to be a compassionate judge, but that she will also be honest in assessing the contestant's performances. “I think it’s going to be hard, but as my career has grown," she told People. "I’ve learned how to be tougher and learned how to say no. I think I can do it and I think I can do it in a respectful way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
gnimxsafbq