Saturday, August 8, 2009

NEWLY CROWNED SYTYCD CHAMPION WAS SO EXCITED THAT SHE COULD HARDLY SLEEP THAT NIGHT


SYTYCD crowned “America’s Favorite Dancer” Jeanine Mason says that she was so excited thrilled at winning that she could hardly sleep the night that she was crowned.

“I think I slept three hours,” enthused a very excited Mason. “It was the craziest night! … I felt like I slipped out of my normal life and onto some Hollywood red carpet. It was amazing! I’m still trying to take it all in. After the show we had a wrap party with cast, production, the dancers and choreographers, and we did a whole lot of dancing.”

The new SYTYCD champion also said that she was prepared should she not win. “I tried to stay positive,” said Mason. “I convinced myself that it was a possibility that I could win, but once you’re standing there, … I literally didn’t think it could happen. Brandon (Bryant) is such an amazing dancer. He’s such a powerful and beautiful dancer. I thought that he had it. I was ready to give him a hug and step back and let him have his moment. So hearing my name was so surreal.”

Mason explained that she and Brandon have actually been friends for a very long time. “I’ve known him for a couple of years now, and he’s such a nice guy on top of being one of the strongest dancers, which is very evident. He was so supportive and so happy for me. And just before Cat (Deeley) announced it, we said that either way, it was a win for Miami. I am so proud of him, and I believe that everyone in the Top 20 will have amazing careers.”

Mason admitted that in her early dancing years had moments that were a bit rough. "I definitely came home drying a lot between the ages of six and nine," she recalled. "It was the hardest thing in the world for my mom to see me sobbing and tell me that it was good for me, but she just had this feeling that she needed to push me and keep me in dance. It paid off, and I’m so grateful to her for keeping stern.”

A communications student at UCLA, Mason, 18, said that she will definitely pursue a career in dancing and acting – and that she has fallen in love with film. “I fell in love with film which is why I applied to L.A. schools. I would love to do movie musicals. I’m a huge fan of ‘Chicago’ and ‘Hairspray’ and the amazing MGM films that Evan (Kasprzak, who finished third in the SYTYCD finals) would be amazing in as well.”

Mason also admitted to loving journalism – “I love journalism. I love broadcasting. So if for some reason acting and dancing do not work out, I’d love to go into that industry as well.”

Chances are that Mason will meet great success in a dancing and acting career -- and perhaps in journalism too. Her fans will no doubt enjoy watching the direction her career takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
gnimxsafbq